10 March 2016
After Five Years Positive Results for ACET
Created in 2011, the Accélérateur de création d’entreprises technologiques (ACET—accelerator for the creation of technological businesses) has reported positive results for its first five years of existence:
- 52 companies assisted for an overall value estimated at $62M;
- 35 are still receiving assistance;
- 6 have dropped out after a sale or merger;
- 8 have shut down;
- 170 jobs were created, including 80% in Sherbrooke;
- Close to $18M generated in investments; and
- 80% of the companies are linked to the Université de Sherbrooke.
ACET is a personalized training and support program for aspiring entrepreneurs with projects offering a strong potential for employment and wealth. It provides office space, funding, coaching, and networking opportunities.
Initially having a capital fund of $1M in 2011, the ACET Capital investment fund now has $3M.
Source: La Tribune
» CED Renews its Funding for the ACET
» UdeS Launches Sherbrooke’s Entrepreneurship HubBack to the news