28 March 2013
Biogénie and André Delisle Honoured by Réseau Environnement
At its eighth environmental gala, Réseau Environnement presented eight awards to individuals and organizations that have gained renown for their good practices. The winners include Biogénie, which has a Sherbrooke office, and André Delisle, Associate Senior Advisor at Transfert Environment, based in Sherbrooke.
President of Transfert Environment from 1997 to 2009, André Delisle was honoured for his entire career, which has been devoted to the environment. He is one of Quebec’s first specialists in the area of social acceptance. The business, with its head office in Sherbrooke, is now led by 2 Sherbrooke graduates, Cédric Bourgeois (President) and Alex Craft (Executive Director).
Specialized in auditing and rehabilitating contaminated sites and in managing waste, Biogénie won its award in the infrastructure-for-waste-management category. The firm is a division of EnGlobe Corp., which conducts business through Solutions Eau Air Sol (EAS) located on Pépin Street in Sherbrooke.
The other winners were:
- Management of drinking-water or wastewater infrastructure: Metropolitan Community of Québec (CMQ), tied with the City of Montréal’s water department
- Improving knowledge about waste management: Daniel Gingras, Omnibac
- Improving knowledge about and management of air and climate-change infrastructure: Econerguide
- Human-resource management: Golder Associates
- Best technical article in Vecteur Environnement: Paul Lessard, Laval University
- Exceptional volunteer participation in Réseau Environnement activities: Michel Carbonneau, Town of Bécancour
Source: Réseau Environnement
Back to the news