From the idea to the patient-client
The Life Sciences key sector in Sherbrooke benefits from groundbreaking businesses and a diversified research sector with access to world-class infrastructure. The concentration of key players is conducive to the execution of comprehensive research projects, from fundamental or basic research to pre-clinical and clinical research, and the patient-client phase.
Sherbrooke has an innovative, engaged, and ingenious entrepreneurial spirit in several sub-sectors of the Life Sciences:
- Digital medical and therapeutical instruments/equipment
- Pre-clinical and clinical research
- Nutraceutical, dermaceutical, and therapeutic products
There is substantial research in Life Sciences in Sherbrooke, which has been consistently funded for many years in a range of specialties:
- Cancer: Biology, prognosis, and diagnosis
- Diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular complications
- Medical imaging
- Health: populations, organizations, practices
- Ageing: Gerosciences (biology and chronic conditions) and self-empowerment (environment and technologies)
Located in the core of the Sherbrooke Science Park, near key players in Life Sciences research and the industry, Espace LABz is a multi-tenant space with private and shared labs.
Espace LABz mainly hosts high-tech product and service businesses and public research and development institutions.Learn more
Located in the Innovation Park, the Institut interdisciplinaire d’innovation technologique (3IT) features an exceptional research and innovation ecosystem, open to collaboration among researchers, students, research professionals, businesses, and public and private organizations.
The 3IT has a cutting-edge infrastructure and specialized resources in design, prototyping, and assessment for launching and maturing technologies in strategic sectors such as:
- Medical technologies
- Information and communications technologies
Sherbrooke offers a range of education options, including vocational, college, and university programs. Many institutions also offer:
- programs of studies with work internships—an opportunity to welcome dynamic new employees!
- a continuing education component for businesses/employees.
Contact your expert
Director, Business Services – Life Sciences and Micro-Nanotechnologiesmcourtemanche@sherbrooke-innopole.com