30 May 2015
The Dobson-Lagassé Entrepreneurship Centre Celebrates Its 15th Anniversary
The Dobson-Lagassé Entrepreneurship Centre, affiliated with Bishop’s University, highlighted its 15th anniversary at a reception on May 27, 2015, following its annual Speedcoaching event.
Founded by John Dobson and Louis Lagassé, the organization serves as a link between students on the Lennoxville university campus, the Centre’s network members in the Eastern Townships, and its business mentors.
For the past 15 years, the Dobson-Lagassé Centre has taught entrepreneurship at Bishop’s University and supported the region’s entrepreneurial community.
Among its accomplishments:
- 800 Eastern Townships companies assisted
- 2200 students registered in entrepreneurship-related courses at Bishop’s University
- 225 student-entrepreneur projects, linking training with practical experience
- 320 clinics with experts, specifically for entrepreneurs, on a range of topics related to the business world
- 200 mentor-entrepreneur pairings
- 72 volunteer mentors from a variety of backgrounds, both Anglophone and Francophone, of whom some 40 are active
More than 200 people attended the entrepreneurship get-together and anniversary cocktail.
Congratulations to the team at the Dobson-Lagassé Entrepreneurship Centre and best wishes for continued success!
Source : Dobson-Lagassé Entrepreneurship CentreBack to the news